Membership in the Pennsylvania Hospice and Palliative Care Network has its rewards!
Hospice and Palliative Care Provider Membership Benefits:
Information to grow professionally, personally and support our mission to "Promote excellence in palliative and end-of-life care"
- Network News - Subscription to the PHPCN's Network News, a weekly e-newsletter which provides up-to-date news on what's happening in hospice and palliative care in Pennsylvania and in the nation, PHPCN Regulatory Alerts, special correspondence issued as needed
- Technical assistance - PHPCN staff and leaders help provider members with difficult issues related to regulatory standards, compliance, billing and more. Our experienced staff and colleagues are available to support members with the necessary information, support and networking.
- Patient Referrals - Organizational members of PHPCN are included in the searchable database list on PHPCN's website. Patient referrals to PHPCN member organizations are also given by staff to individuals and families who contact PHPCN's toll free helpline each year to find a hospice and palliative care providers in their area. The helpline number is Toll-Free: 1-866-55-HOSPICE .
- PHPCN Membership Directory-a search database and printable directory on PHPCN's website.
- Additional Services Listing-the PHPCN searchable database includes a FIND A PROVIDER tab to locate services for specific needs as well as a BEREAVEMENT LOCATOR tab so individuals and families can access the needed support in their communities.
- Discounts - Membership means savings on job listings in PHPCN's weekly e-newsletter at no cost, website links and public profile for your organization through PHPCN's on-line provider locator at no cost, and discounts for organizational members-only registration fees for educational conferences and workshops.
- Ability for members of your organization to run for election to PHPCN Board of Directors
Education to keep you current on the latest developments in hospice and palliative care
- One-day Conferences - cover a wide variety of issues, such regulatory and administrative, our well received Clinical Intensives offered in three located in the state, annual one-day conferences designed for specific disciplines; social workers, spiritual caregivers, bereavement, and more.
- Annual Conference - a highly anticipated three-day educational event designed for the entire interdiciplinary team including nationally known speakers, desingtated tracks for management leadership, clinical, psychosocial and disease specific topics, exhibit hall opportunities and time for networking.
- CEU Credit - Most programs offer continuing education credit toward your professional license renewal.
Advocacy to advance end-of-life care
- Legislative Advocacy - PHPCN monitors legislative and regulatory activities, and sponsors new legislation to benefit hospice, palliative care programs and their patients.
- Representation - Direct representation of hospice and palliative interests with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, and fiscal intermediaries. PHPCN serves as a state-wide advocate through partnership with stakeholders such as the Pennsylvania Governors Task force on End-of-Life Care, Pennsylvania Pediatric Palliative and Hospice Care Task Force, We Honor Veterans, the Alzheimer's Association, American Cancer Society, Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition, Long Term Care communities and more.
Networking with your peers
- Regional Meetings - PHPCN offers a forum for networking and peer support through regional meetings for organizational members only.